It’s the end of another year… time for a little self reflection.
I turned 40 this year… but not before earning my BA! This was something I have been working on for over twenty years, so it was a huge personal accomplishment. After finishing up this summer, I started graduate school. I am working on my MA in Sociology as well as a Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning. I also started working in May. A part time job has grown into a full time position. It is hard to juggle everything sometimes, but it is also rewarding.
Over Thanksgiving, we went to visit my brother and his family in Texas. It was probably the best vacation we’ve ever taken…
The year ended on a high note, with a new addition to the family. Mica gave birth to Sophie Jolie on December 13. She is absolutely beautiful. The only bad thing is that they live three hours away and I haven’t gotten to see her outside of the hospital. Spending some time with my new granddaughter is high on my priority list for the new year!
Overall, it was a good year. I’m not making any resolutions or predictions for 2013. I’m going to go with the flow, take it one day at a time and be grateful for the blessings in my life.
Here are some inspirational quotes for the new year:
- Appreciate what you have, before time teaches you to appreciate what you had.
- When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself.
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
- If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay.
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
- There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go.
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
- Choose to be happy.
I hope the new year is a wonderful one for each and every one of you!